Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentine's Day, In-laws, and Bowflex

So I've been a super slacker and haven't blogged in nearly a week.  What can I say, I've been very busy!  Last Friday evening, Mark's brother surprised us by coming to visit.  We were supposed to go to South Carolina to see his brother, Jamie, and his mother and her husband but of course Mark was "on-call" for work and we couldn't leave the area.  So Jamie got here around midnight Friday and didn't stay long, he left around 1pm Saturday.  Anyway, of course we stayed up to visit and drank way too much.  I am way too old to stay up all night drinking anymore.  I really can't hang like I used to.  Up until 4am, about half a bottle of Private Stock consumed, and I literally had a two-day hangover.  I thought I was dying.  I truly did.  Other symptoms we won't discuss here had me convinced I had Ebola.  Luckily the symptoms did not persist and I'm feeling quite better. As a result of Jamie's whirlwind visit, Mark and I laid low the entire weekend.

I must report that the gnocchi prepared for Friday night turned out splendidly, but I don't think that I will make it again.  It's just a lot of meal.  It's too heavy and anything leftover does not seem appetizing.

After our lazy weekend, Valentine's Day arrived on Monday.  I was surprised by a gift certificate to an upscale spa, a charm for my Pandora bracelet, a bouquet of beautiful tulips, my favorite flowers, and an exquisite steak dinner at an upscale steakhouse here in Fayetteville.  I didn't purchase him anything, per se, but I did dress up in slutty lingerie for him after dinner.  He said no one had ever done this for him and was very happy.  Now, if you know me, you know that I'm not a skinny little mini anymore.  I got my Valentine's Day present for my husband from a great website - Plus Size Plum, and I highly recommend them to anyone.  I got amazing customer service and they were really helpful.

Speaking of being plus sized, I've been using my hubby's bowflex.  It's an incredible machine, and I'm already seeing results.  My jeans fit better, and I feel great.  It was an expensive machine, but with regular use, it will pay for itself.  I am, however, incredibly sore today.

I made stuffed shells last night for dinner.  Not from the recipe book, just from a few recipes.  They were good, but nothing spectacular.  I'm attempting to reduce our meat intake for better health and to aid weight loss.  Don't get me wrong, never ever will my husband and I will never be vegetarians.  But it won't kill us to have a meat free meal once or twice a week.  I'm making homemade pizza tonight with garlic, olive oil, basil, and fresh mozzarella.  It's my go-to pizza and is always good.  I'm thinking about a vegetable stir fry sometime this weekend.  We just happen to have a lot of vegetables in the refrigerator to be used.

I must get ready for my brow wax appointment this afternoon.  What a way to use my spa gift certificate!

No comments:

Post a Comment