Search This Blog

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day #3 was doomed from the beginning...

What would you do if you woke up in the middle of the night, your house shaking.  You hear repeated loud BOOMs that seem to be right down the street??  This happened to me and my husband two nights ago.  After the loud noise woke us up, I sent the husband searching the house, gun in hand, for possible intruders.  As it turned out, once we were fully awake, we were simply hearing the cannons from the artillery range on Fort Bragg.  Twelve miles away.  Shaking our home and waking us out of our much needed slumber.  Why those in charge of this particular exercise thought it would be a good idea to practice at 12:30am I'll never guess.  These exercises continued throughout the night and next day.  Quite unnerving.  It felt like I was in London during WWII.  Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep.

Then, when I finally got out of bed I found it to be a beautiful 64 degrees outside so I decided to take advantage of the warm weather and open all the doors and windows to allow the house to air out.  I'm working on my 3rd window when the damned blinds fall out of their holder and neatly onto my head.  Now this may sound minor, but these particular blinds are quite heavy.  Add the gravity of the fall and my head had a significant goose egg.

I tried to get past these issues by going about my day in a normal fashion.  When I nearly beheaded the checkout clerk at Harris Teeter for asking "paper or plastic" when I had already handed him my reusable bags I decided it was a sign to take it easy the rest of the day.  So day three of Italian Classics did not happen, Papa John's did instead.  Stay tuned for tonight's menu of Chicken Marsala with Marsala glazed carrots.  Also, I hear it is carrot cake day???  I'm not sure this is "Official" or anything, but I may whip up a carrot cake too if I'm able to finish the rest of my chores.

Lola is trying to help me type:

ghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhggggggggggggggggggggggggg

That was her helping.  Time for QT with my puppy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment