Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2011

Back in Business

So my mom is finally gone after a nice, short visit.  The Steelers failed miserably in the Superbowl.  My weekend has just been ruined yet again by my husband's work. He has to work 6pm to 6am tomorrow (Saturday) night.  We were supposed to visit his hometown this weekend.  Hubby's brother was going to be home for the first time in about 5 years, and I was going to get to meet him for the first time.  But the Army made sure we couldn't go anywhere this weekend.

So my mom bought us some all natural/organic hippie shit for the dog from a store called Indigo Wild.  She got her what is called a yum pack, including wash and a spray to keep her smelling un-funky.  It smells really good, but as it fades from it's delicious formulated smell, the smell remaining is patchouli which isn't my favorite scent.  But it is better than hot wet dog.  She also got me some deodorant, which smells amazing (tea tree and lavender) but doesn't keep the funk from creeping in by the end of the day.  It's great for overnight though, and I will keep using it.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to order some soap from this company, because they seem pretty cool and it's all organic and environmentally friendly.  I also want to give the laundry detergent and household cleaner a try.  I'll let you know how well it works.

I'm getting back to my ambitious Italian cooking spree, with intentions to make Potato Gnocchi with butter, sage, and Parmesan cheese for dinner tonight.  Gnocchi is one of my favorite things but it can be so heavy.  This recipe promises to be light and fluffy and delicious.  We will find out tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment