Search This Blog

Monday, October 10, 2011

Your Fall Fix: Pumpkin Spiced Tea


I love me some Pumpkin Spice Latté from Starbucks.  However my body apparently can’t handle caffeine like most people.  When I last got a latté from Starbucks (and neglected to order decaf), I was moving full speed ahead for 2 days. 

In order to ensure that I get the good night’s rest I need, I decided to attempt my own version of this delicious little drink - DECAF. 

I tend to be a tea drinker instead of a coffee drinker.  I’m not sure why my taste buds tend to prefer the subtle taste of tea as opposed to strong coffee, but my tea drinking goes back to childhood when my mother would fix me a cup of herbal orange spiced tea with breakfast.

Next time you’re craving a Pumpkin Spice Latté from Starbucks, try this instead and save yourself some money!!

Pumpkin Spice Tea

1 cup boiling water
2-3 tablespoons sugar (to your liking)
1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon cream or 2-3 tablespoons milk
1 tea bag (I used Twinning’s Irish Breakfast Tea (decaf, of course) but you can use any tea)

Put sugar, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice in coffee cup or mug along with tea bag.  


Pour boiling water over ingredients and stir until pumpkin puree is dissolved, about 1 minute.  


Allow tea bag to steep, 2-3 minutes.  Remove bag and pour cream or milk into tea. 


Add more sugar or milk to taste.  Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment