Ever wanted to present your girlfriends with a knockout snack during a moving night??? Maybe you want an elegant (and incredibly easy) appetizer for a dinner party. Look no further! Make roasted garlic spread on toasted crusty bread! Doing this couldn’t be easier and is really tasty. Maybe not the best choice for a date night, unless you both just love garlic, but it’s still a crowd pleaser.
Roasted Garlic Spread on Toasted Crusty Bread
4 Medium sized heads of garlic
4 tablespoons of olive oil
2 loaves of crusty bread (I like sourdough, but French bread will work well too)
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Remove outermost layer of skin from garlic, leaving individual cloves and their skin intact.
3. Cut tops off cloves with large knife.
4. Rip the foil into squares large enough to wrap the heads of garlic separately.
5. Place each garlic head in the center of a piece of foil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil per head, and turn and rub to coat.
6. Wrap foil around each head and place in oven.
7. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until garlic is a brown color.
Meanwhile, toast bread lightly. Remove garlic from foil and serve one of two ways –
1. Either smear on bread yourself (top with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper) and serve to guests; or
2. Remove garlic head from foil and place in small ramekin with small knife and toasted bread on platter.